Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another New Page and More Thoughts on the Rapido Sketch

        So I finished another page and this was inked almost entirely with the Rapido Sketch.  I have to say, I do like the results; I feel like all of the little details that I was trying to add in there really came through a lot better with the Rapido Sketch as opposed to the artist pens I've been using.

There are one or two outlines which were inked with an artist pen, along with the large black areas.  Everything else was inked using the Rapido Sketch with the .25 nib and I think it came out pretty well.

        I don't know that I would rely on the Rapido Sketch as my primary inking tool, but I think it may be a little more versatile than I had previously thought.  I am seriously considering buying one of the larger nib sizes to test out.

        That being said, I also got to experience the finicky nature of the pen tonight while I was inking.  The pen started to clog a little bit as I was working on the final panel on the page and then it ran out of ink.  After refilling the ink (which I got all over my hands) it took a bit of coaxing to get ink flowing again.

        So, yeah, sometimes the pen is a bit temperamental and it can make a mess if you have to refill it in the middle of a page.  But, if you've worked with crow quills or any kind of dip pen, I don't think this would be that big of an ordeal.  Certainly it's not something that would keep me from using the pen.

        So we're back up to 20 pages now and I am having fun with the stuff I'm drawing at the moment so that's usually a good sign.  Hopefully I will have more to post later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment