Thursday, September 6, 2012

Exposition!

Well...while I wanted to avoid an information dump in the story it can't really be avoided and it sets up a confrontation that will lead to a long term conflict between certain characters, so I suppose in the overall scheme of things this is the way to go.

Wait...does that actually explain anything?
The other things I have learned working on this second issue is that it actually helps to draw out the action a little bit.  I think that in the first issue that was a big problem I had in terms of pacing; things just happened too fast and there wasn't enough time to absorb what was going on.  With issue number two I think the pacing is a little bit better and there's overall better storytelling.

In other news, 17 pages of issue 2 are done so I am feeling good about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment