Saturday, July 21, 2012

Delirium Comix is a crazy pipe dream that just might happen yet...


        I got this idea in my head that I was going to publish an underground comic.  It would be called Delirium Comix.
         
        I can’t say why I thought this was a good idea; I suspect that stress, unemployment, and being either too cheap or too poor to get drunk instead were all contributing factors.  The crazy thing is though, even though I have no idea what I’m doing, it’s kind of working.  Every time I’ve attempted this before it’s ended with a few panels and nothing of real worth to show for it.  But somehow, perhaps defying logic, things are working this time; I script and storyboard and panels just come together; and before I know it whole pages are penciled and inked.

Panel from a planned ongoing story called "Kingdom of Monsters."  I Think it sums up my own sentiments about actually having some momentum going forward with Delirium Comix.


        It’s been a pretty incredible feeling looking at what I’ve been creating.  I seem to be going at a rate of about 1 page per day, so hopefully in about a month I’ll have something tangible to show for it.  In the meantime, I’ll try to post here once or twice a week with some art and thoughts to show how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment